Skip to main content

For the sweet love of perfumes!


I'm a perfume-whore and  this is my confession: I believe perfumes are God’s gifts to man. They are sweet smelling savors that can literally make you feel sexier and closer to heaven. I always say smelling good is good business, and
most times it’s worth the money we spend on it.

Choosing a fragrance is one of the world's most difficult tasks, so I decided to do a quick review on a few of my favorite perfumes to serve as a guide for other perfume freaks like me.

Dark Orchid 
Amoroud Dark Orchid is another perfume that comes from The Perfumer’s Workshop, who has been creating fragrances since the 1970s.  It is for both men and women, and The Perfumer's workshop launched it in 2016, the nose is Cecile Hua. 


It’s a deeply rich and erotic candy-like and floral scent with a beautiful dark quality that makes it impossible to ignore or forget. It is a compelling yet simple fragrance that lasts long, and it literarily changes the atmosphere of anywhere you step in. You don’t want to spray too much of it on your body, except you find it thrilling to choke yourself and those around you. I find it offensive when people choke me with their perfumes. I mean, the idea is to smell great, and not to sicken people with your perfume.


Dark Orchid comes in a 100 ml heavy, and luxurious black bottle with gold plated metal plaque appliquéd to it and a golden cover.It's a perfect scent for evenings and cool or cold weather.


I think it’s an improvement on Tom Ford’s Black Orchid, because it has less tuberose compared to Tom Ford’s Black Orchid, so if you like or don’t like Tom Ford’s Black Orchid, you should give this a trial.



The top notes are: mandarin, citrus accord, black gardenia and Sicilian bergamot; middle notes are jasmine; ylang-ylang lotus, and black orchid; base notes are; sandalwood, Indonesian patchouli leaf, incense, and vanilla.

Good Girl

Thinking of another empowering perfume to try out? Then you are just in luck! Good Girl is an empowering perfume that comes in a sexy black stiletto bottle with an elegant gold heel as 50 and 80 ml. Carolina Herrera announced Good Girl in 2016; and ironically, it has a tagline that says “it’s so good to be bad,” I love that tagline; it is so creative, just like every other thing about the perfume!



The message Carolina Herrera was passing across to women has nothing to do with the literal meaning of the word bad. I believe it means it’s so good to be “daring” or “atypical,” which is what the perfume is from the presentation to the scent, everything about it so powerful, daring and atypical and precisely, those qualities are the things I love about it! If for nothing, I can just put it on my dressing table so I can stare at a sexy black stiletto with an elegant gold heel, sitting very pretty there.



Good girl brings an alluring blend of a floral wave of white sambac jasmine and tuberose juxtaposed with the mystifying and profound notes of tonka bean and cocoa – this represents the dual nature of a woman; she can be delicate and wild at the same time. It’s one of my signature scents, and can be worn everyday and anywhere.


 Love in White

Love in White by creed is one of my favorite perfume for the summer; it comes in a perfectly chiseled white bottle with a gorgeous silver ribbon sitting pretty on its neck. It was launched in 2005, the brains behind it Olivier Creed Sixth Generation and Erwin Creed Seventh Generation. It has a citrus, floral, fresh and powdery scent, with a dash of sandalwood. The fragrance is super intoxicating, but not aggressive; I doubt if it can choke anyone no matter how much of it you spray.





Initially, when I got it, I felt it was just regular, and I thought I had just wasted my money because the scent wasn’t as intense as another perfume I bought with it. So, it was just there on my dressing table, then one day I just decided to wear it, since I wasn’t going anywhere serious that day. The moment I sprayed it was literarily my aha moment! That was when I got the sophisticated and mesmerizing scent – so delicate and enthralling. It’s safe to say it smells like love! I immediately added it to my list of “special occasion/feel gorgeous perfumes.”



When I found out it was also one of Michelle Obama’s signature scents and that she’s always awed by soft and sweet smells, I fell even more in love with it.

Top note: Orange zest from Italy.
Middle note: Florentine iris, daffodils from France, magnolia, Bulgarian rose, Tonkin rice.
Base note: Vanilla, ambergris, Mysore sandalwood.







PS: I shot the pictures with my phone.

.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tyler Perry's Acrimony - a review.

So a couple of days back, I took myself on a movie date as usual and I went to see Tyler Perry’s Acrimony, starring Taraji P. Henson and Lyriq Bent. The movie, according to Henson, was shot within 8 days and her part was shot within 5 days. This probably explains some of the loopholes in the movie, cos honestly speaking it hardly hit the mark. Yeah, I said it. It was just another of Tyler Perry’s regular recipe - a black woman who has been a

The Story of a Young Nigerian Bride

There’s a Yoruba adage that says, “Gbogbo alangba danu bole am'eyi ti inu run,”   which means  in English  “all lizards lie flat on their stomach and it is difficult to determine which has a stomach ache.” In essence,  the adage  means  “everyone looks the same on the outside but  everyone  has problems that are invisible to outsiders. ” The same  can be said of  marriages  –  every marriage looks glamorous on the outside, but every marriage has its problem ,  for some it’s DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.