Skip to main content

YOUR DREAM LIFE IS ONLY A THOUGHT AWAY!


Today, I had the opportunity to tell two people at different times and through different social media platforms about the power of our minds (thoughts) and tongues (words), and I realized just how much I love talking about this and how much I want
more people to understand the power that they wield and maximize it to its full potentials.


A lot of people are not aware of this power God has given them and that is why they do not guard their thoughts and they speak carelessly about their lives. Our words are powerful, they are seeds (good or bad) and they germinate and eventually catch up with us. Since I understood the power I wield with my thoughts and words, I do not speak carelessly about even the silliest things; I stopped saying things like “Oh my God! I’m dead, this is so funny!” No! If you speak death in your life, you will surely die untimely; but if you speak life, you will definitely get the benefits. The Bible said in Jobs 22:28: “You shall decree a thing and it will be established for you.”  Now, whether you decree good or evil, that’s really up to you! James also said there is power of life and death in the tongue, so whether you choose to speak life or death into your life, your business, career, marriage, procreation, that’s really your choice to make and not God’s.

Now let’s do a little flashback, in the beginning God created the world through his words – he said let there be and there was. After creating the world, he created man in his own likeness and image and gave man dominion over all the earth. This means he created us with the power – the power to speak things into existence, the power to create our world with our words, the power to domain over difficult situations with our words.

When things are difficult and you seem to be going through an unending agony, do not focus on the situation, focus on God’s promise that says “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Speak positive things about that particular situation; if your bank account says you are dead broke, don’t you ever say “I am broke.” No! Never! Instead you say, “I am abundant,” and abundant you shall be; but if you keep saying “I’m broke”, you gon’ die broke, not because that’s God’s will for you, but because you decreed it with your mouth and it was established for you. Gbam!  There is a Yoruba adage that says “A pe mora, l’ an pe temidire.” This can be interpreted to mean “If you speak goodwill into your life; goodwill becomes yours.”

 

I guess right now, you are saying “Well, is that not living in denial?” No, I call it living by the word, living in faith. Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Jesus said we could move mountains with our words; he wasn’t on to some poetic justice stuff when he said that and he was definitely not giving a mere analogy. He said that, because he knew and understood the power that God has given us through our words, and he wants us to maximize that power.


Alright love, let's take a break here. To be CONTINUED...

 Please, do not forget to drop your comments below. Thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tyler Perry's Acrimony - a review.

So a couple of days back, I took myself on a movie date as usual and I went to see Tyler Perry’s Acrimony, starring Taraji P. Henson and Lyriq Bent. The movie, according to Henson, was shot within 8 days and her part was shot within 5 days. This probably explains some of the loopholes in the movie, cos honestly speaking it hardly hit the mark. Yeah, I said it. It was just another of Tyler Perry’s regular recipe - a black woman who has been a

The Story of a Young Nigerian Bride

There’s a Yoruba adage that says, “Gbogbo alangba danu bole am'eyi ti inu run,”   which means  in English  “all lizards lie flat on their stomach and it is difficult to determine which has a stomach ache.” In essence,  the adage  means  “everyone looks the same on the outside but  everyone  has problems that are invisible to outsiders. ” The same  can be said of  marriages  –  every marriage looks glamorous on the outside, but every marriage has its problem ,  for some it’s DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

For the sweet love of perfumes!

I'm a perfume-whore and  this is my confession: I believe perfumes are God’s gifts to man. They are sweet smelling savors that can literally make you feel sexier and closer to heaven. I always say smelling good is good business, and