Skip to main content

YOUR DREAM LIFE IS ONLY A THOUGHT AWAY (PT 2)

 

Hey love, I am glad to have you back again! About a week ago, I spoke about the power of your words here, and I explained
as briefly as I could how much power you wield with your tongue. Now, it is time to talk about your THOUGHTS.

Your thoughts are just as powerful as your words. Jesus said out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. The Bible also said: “Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts” (Prov 4:23 GNT). Touché! I mean, this Bible verse wraps it up for me, I don't know about you. It's quite simple, if you think about failure all the time, you are going to fail.

I remember one day, I went to a cosmetic shop to get a powder, and the lady gave me a pressed powder, because that was all they had. Prior to this, I always bought loose powder, because I was afraid of the pressed powder breaking. So, after I bought the powder, I kept thinking to myself “babe, you should have looked for the loose powder, this one will break.” 

I kid you not, after a few days, barely a week from the day I bought it; the powder broke and became useless. There and then, I realized the powder broke because I thought negatively about it and not because it was supposed to break. As inconsequential as that might seem, the Holy Spirit used it to teach me the power of my thoughts.



Just as your tongue, your mind is also very powerful, it wields the power to create and recreate, the power to build and to destroy, so you are free to choose how you want to use it. However, I bet you it's going to do you more good than you can ever imagine, if you choose to use it wisely. To be able to use it wisely, you have to be constantly renewed in your mind by developing a fresh positive mental and spiritual attitude in everything you do.

Ever since I understood the power of my thoughts and words, I am always careful to think and speak positive things about my life, and it has worked for me in ways I cannot even begin to explain. Therefore, I want everyone around me to key into this lifestyle and maximize the power God has given us to its fullest potentials.

Trust me love, there will be times you will go through stuff that might make you question the existence of God, but do not give up, speak the word! Think victory! Speak victory! Jesus said, “In this world you shall have tribulations, but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” Also remember 1 John 5:4; “This is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith!” Your faith, your thoughts, your words, they overcome the world! OH GLORRRRRYYYY!

Remember, the totality of your life is dependent on your thoughts and words. So, think life, speak life and you will definitely reap the benefits. THE WORD WORKS!


Thank you so much for dropping by, it was really good to have you back again! Please do not forget to share and drop your comments below. 

 

 Image source: http://www.lissethbarrios.com/mind/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tyler Perry's Acrimony - a review.

So a couple of days back, I took myself on a movie date as usual and I went to see Tyler Perry’s Acrimony, starring Taraji P. Henson and Lyriq Bent. The movie, according to Henson, was shot within 8 days and her part was shot within 5 days. This probably explains some of the loopholes in the movie, cos honestly speaking it hardly hit the mark. Yeah, I said it. It was just another of Tyler Perry’s regular recipe - a black woman who has been a

The Story of a Young Nigerian Bride

There’s a Yoruba adage that says, “Gbogbo alangba danu bole am'eyi ti inu run,”   which means  in English  “all lizards lie flat on their stomach and it is difficult to determine which has a stomach ache.” In essence,  the adage  means  “everyone looks the same on the outside but  everyone  has problems that are invisible to outsiders. ” The same  can be said of  marriages  –  every marriage looks glamorous on the outside, but every marriage has its problem ,  for some it’s DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

For the sweet love of perfumes!

I'm a perfume-whore and  this is my confession: I believe perfumes are God’s gifts to man. They are sweet smelling savors that can literally make you feel sexier and closer to heaven. I always say smelling good is good business, and